Sunday, August 30, 2009

on top of Tokyo...

After attending the mass today at Yotsuya, I thought of dropping by at Takashimaya Square in Shinjuku to buy JLPT application form. As always, I ended up exiting at the wrong side of the station - Shinjuku station has over 200 exits! :D After strolling for some time and finding my way back to the right exit, I read "Tokyo Metropolitan Skyscraper District". Then I remembered that the "Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building" has an observatory that offers a free view of Tokyo city. Changed plans, I went to the skyscraper first to enjoy the freebie. There were two observatories - North and South, I went to both. :D The disappointing part - It was raining! Although I have a good look of the whole city, I wasn't able to see the mountains that surround Tokyo. I was just surprised how big is the Meiji Jingu Shrine combined with Yoyogi park, it is indeed a forest within the city! iPhlip will definitely come back here, maybe on a more sunny day or on a romantic evening with my W2B. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment