Tuesday, September 1, 2009

30D b4 30Y

Well, not exactly...this should have been posted yesterday. Gheez! Am gonna be 30 in a month's time! I felt that it is true that when you have gotten into this age, you want to take a look back into your life and evaluate the things you have done. The victories, triumphs, success are very sweet to look back but the disappointments, frustrations, lost opportunities, failures, defeats are a bit bitter - though it can be a rich-source of motivation to make our lives better. All of these make me who I am today. Some of which, I'm very satisfied. Some, am not happy. There are many things in which I could have done better. Some things I should have tried but never did. I admit, I'm a little bit lazy and passive with some things in life that I failed to accomplish anything. If I could have just put a little more effort, then things should have been better and different now. The good news, I know it and I can do things the other way. Still, there are many things I just don't want to do. Such a stubborn! :P

Anyway, let me share this quote by the Red Queen in Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass, "It takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place". Applying it to life, we can put it this way, "We should continuously nourish our growth to stay in the game. Otherwise, we'll be left out if we do nothing". Continuous improvement is a way of life. It's up to us to decide if we will make that concious effort to take that extra step and accept the challenge. - What am I saying here? :D

Wait! Before I end this entry, the Red Queen also said that "If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast." How's that?

No comments:

Post a Comment